The idea was simple – send in your measurements, get twinned with another similarly proportioned blogger, send off a parcel clothes you no longer wear, get your own exciting package in the post!
This kind of project is completely up our street, but we found there were some other surprising outcomes from taking part…
- It made us realise how particular clothes hold special memories – and were difficult to part with
- We rediscovered clothes we hadn’t worn for ages – but actually still like and fit well
- Having looked through our piles of clothes ready for the charity shops, we ended up holding our own clothes swap – E now has B’s jeans and B has E’s skirt!
- We were challenged to try new styles and questioned whether we’d got stuck in a style rut
- Despite the ‘fresh’ Spring weather, we actually quite enjoyed doing some outfit posts – and might look to do more in the future…
- … but maybe next time we’ll actually iron the clothes/put make-up on!
So here’s a selection of some of our outfits – a combination of swaps…
B Wears: Dress – H&M via Stephanie’s wardrobe, bag – vintage
E Wears: Knitwear- H & M Shirt – Asos both via Elise’s wardrobe, jeans- Topshop via B’s wardrobe
B wears: Skirt – Primark via E’s wardrobe, necklace – via Stephanie’s wardrobe, top and hat – H&M, watch – Uniform Wares
E wears: Dress- Dorothy Perkins via Elise’s wardrobe
B wears: Knitwear – Dorothy Perkins via E’s wardrobe, dress – charity shop find
E wears: Dress Marks and Spencers, via Elise’s wardrobe
Did you take part in the swap? We’d love to see the results…